Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sew Sweetness Bag Making Contest~#1 & #2

Here is the bag that I have submitted to the Sew Sweetness Bag Sewing Contest! This is her pattern of The Kennedy Bag. Hope you all like it!
I changed the hardware on the side straps as well as changed the way the top of the sides were cut. Oh yeah, the pattern only had one line to divide the inside pocket, I added two to give it three sections.
I fought a little with it but in the end I feel like I accomplished what I set out to do, lol! Make the bag for the contest! I want to wish everyone Good Luck! You all can join too over on @SewSweetness blog.  I will add the link for you to join, don't want to keep it all to myself! :)
I ended up breaking a nail & my Black Beauty broke one too(a needle).
This contest ends on April 30th, 2017.... Here is my version of The Kennedy Bag!!
#NBM  #sewsweetnesscontest #sewsweetnesspattern
Fabric~ Exterior: Waverly Inspirations (Wal-Mart) 100% cotton duck
          ~Interior: Waverly Inspirations
         ~Pellon 911FF-Fusible Interfacing & a 1/2yd of thin automotive head liner(on hand)
       








 

Off to work on another or some quilt blocks, hmmm, sew many choices of fabric, sew little time....


The Brookfield Bag
Okay guys! I decided to sew up another bag for the contest above! What do ya think? Please comment & let me know your thoughts. Please be nice! I am a new bag maker & comments are appreciated!
Used the previous fabric as my Kennedy Bag, just LOVE it!
I left off the corner markers & the piping on my version, added some free motion design to the top bands.





#sewsweetness #NBM #sewsweetnesspattern
Update: I gifted my Kennedy Bag to a friend at work, who recently had a baby! I made a few bibs, blankets & wash cloths to go with it! She loved it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment